This is the way I see it, based upon a word from the Lord I received while pastoring:
7 Principals of Leadership in Ministry
1. Always remember to meet human needs by the anointing, instead of your own strength. I am Almighty, you are not. You can burn out, I never grow weary.
2. Develop two groups of leaders around you:
a. Solid faithful men of integrity within the church
b. Outside Leaders that are not ‘Yes’ men, that hold the same level of responsibility as y you have.
3. Stay in my Word. Just listening is not enough. Must read, study, confess, and memorize it also.
4. Schedule two fasts each year, and two vacations.
5. Fight to maintain 8-9 hours sleep each night, and maintain a good exercise and nutrition program.
6. Have others administrate finances. Authorize growth and expenditures, but have others handle deposits and payments.
7. Continue to date your wife, and schedule play dates with your children. Take one day/week off, no work, no ministry.
This is what God told me to do, it is my general guideline, you’ll have to pray and ask Jesus what your principals need to be…